As modernization has paced up the means of survival has also increased. Adding to this means survival and necessity is the addition and introduction of the use of Gases as fuelsin Heating Process. By the time they have been proven to be the best means for usage in a different industry. When we talk about gaseous fuel, we purely denote the same as a Hydrocarbon Gaseous mixture. These gases are odourless and has no fragrance to it.Though not without its risks, LPG usually contains an odour named Mercaptan, making it easier to detect leaks. In India mainly two types of Gaseous fuels are used now LPG & Natural Gas. The LPG “Liquefied Petroleum Gas” is the mixture of Propane (C3H8) and Butane (C4H10) with some methane & Impurities’. Yet, liquidity is the unique character of LPG that makes it such a popular and widely used fuel. At normal temperature and pressure, LPG is gaseous. It changes to a liquid when subjected to modest pressure or cooling. Natural Gas is supplied in three forms ie PNG, CNG & LNG. When natural gas is supplied by piping the pressure is up to 6 bar we called natural gas by PNG, when we compress Natural Gas above 6 bar manly up to 250 Bar we call CNG which used in cars/ vehicles. LNG is is stored in Cryogenic vessels at low temperature.
Advantages of Using Gaseous Fuels
When we use something,some pros are attached to it and some cons are also altogether come with it. In enumerating the same let’s take a glance at the advantages of natural gases.
- When there is a comparison between fuel gases and other fossil fuels the Fuel gases have been proven to be more environmentally friendly than the others.
- The storage of fuel gases is quite an easy thing to do. Gases are easily compressed hence it can be easily stored.
- Gaseous Fuels have no requirement of Atomization air for burning hence Requirement of air is less results energy saving in blowers.
- Talking about the reliability of the gaseous fuel they are so reliable. Comparing it to other energy they just can’t be drained out or shut down because of a storm or any incumbrances happening in the environment.
- It has high calorific value so it is more efficient. It produces a great amount of heat energy with combustion of only one kg fuel.
- It does not leave any ash on burning unlike the solid and liquid fuels.
- The other products of the natural gases i.e., the CNG and LPG are relatively low in price and available commercially. It can be thus used in light,medium, and even heavy-duty applications.
- Gaseous fuels produce less carbon dioxide than oil and coal. It is naturally non-toxic, and produces up to 90% less carbon monoxide and 50% less smog compared to mains natural gas. On top of that, as gases are already evaporated condition, it poses no serious environmental risks in the event of a leak.
- Better Modulating of Burning is possible in gaseous fuel result process temperature control by the result quality of products is improved.
Disadvantages of Using Fossil Fuels
There are many cons attached to the use of energy produced by fossil fuels and other conventional resources. These have been proven and tested throughout many years and these tend to show how natural gases prove to be the best mode of energy.
- The extraction of fossil fuels is so dangerous. In extracting them out through mining there are so many chances of tragedy which could cost more than anything.
- The gases and oil extracted out are considered to be volatile. These are most inflammable and tend to cause more accidents. Whereas the natural gases are far away from causing such tragedies.
- The most toxic to the environment is the usage of mercury. A prominent example of mercury is the combustion of coal. Thus,itstendency to do more environmental harm and needless to say no harm caused by natural gases.
All of these factors tend to show how natural gases have proved themselves to be the best form of energy to save the near future. It is relatively cheaper and causes no harm to the environment than other fossil fuels and conventional gases.